Friday, October 20, 2017

Trekking Around the City





Today was a lot of fun as we ventured out to check out the city.  Fortunately, the city center wasn't too far away.  I took lots of pictures of streets.  I guess that's because I love the colors, the architecture, the little shops and so much more.  I can't even fathom how long it took to make all these cobblestone streets and sidewalks.  They really add to the charm of the city.  On top of this, everything is surrounded by the green of the island and the ocean.





 The Streets of the City


We also took the opportunity to visit the Botanical Gardens and hike to a local monument.  Both were beautiful.  The hike was up some fairly steep switchbacks but the view from the top was well worth the climb. 











After climbing down the hill we headed to the marina and beach.  Both were spectacular.  We enjoyed walking to the end of the pier.  It was such a beautiful day.  I can totally picture these scenes as puzzles. 






The Catholic Church is very prominent on the island. 
Inside the cathedral. The cost to build this church in man 
hours alone tells you how powerful the church is. 

The city at night...





Barely enough room to drive down between cars.

I'm so grateful Matt and I have been able to come and see more of God's gorgeous creations.  This island literally takes your breath away with it's beauty.  I'm amazed that more people don't know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment