Friday, September 7, 2012

A Couple of Quiet Days

Not a lot has happened the last couple of days.  Matt and Hannah took a train down to Syndey to pick up a rental car.  They were hoping to do it in just one day but things didn't work out too well.  It's a 6 hour drive on the highways but 10 by train.  They left at 8:00 am and didn't arrive till 7:30 due to some delays on the tracks.  Because of this they ended up spending the night and didn't make it home till late today. 

Orange egg yolks?

The boys and I have been hard at work trying to get ahead on the schooling.  We have a pretty good internet connection now but not sure how it will be later.  With only two other teenage members within a 50 mile radius we are on our own to do Seminary so we do that each morning.   It's proving to be a good experience but I'm afraid the boys are missing out on hearing some of the cool stories Seminary teachers seem to always have. 

Here's some pictures of foods we've enjoyed since we got here.  When I first cracked the eggs here I was surprised to see they are orange not gold like home.  They taste just the same, just different color.  When you buy them at the store you choose between between cage eggs or range eggs (it says it right on the package).


Australian Cheese
Cheddar Cheese is cream colored; looks different but still tastes the same. 

Flavors we've never heard of in the States
I'm not sure what the fascination is with chicken flavor but you get it in all kinds of things; chips are just one.  These were pretty interesting.  Some of the kids liked them, I thought they were tolerable but not something I'd buy regularly. 

Unfortunately, we've discovered these Picnic Bars.  They are SOOOO good.  I wish we could get them in the States. 

My favorite thing I did the last couple of days is read.  I don't remember the last time I could just sit and enjoy a good book.  I've read two in the last couple of weeks: Heaven is Real and The Lucky One



No comments:

Post a Comment